We are a group of yoga and meditation practitioners, instructors, service providers, researchers, and community leaders that are passionate about bringing the benefits of authentic practices of yoga and meditation to everyone. We truly believe that yoga and meditation are necessary skills for the modern times. We are committed to creating opportunities to learn and explore the depths of yoga and meditation for everyone. We are grateful for the overwhelming support we continue to receive from organizations, government agencies and service providers in our mission of healthy and happy Massachusetts.
Consulate of India, New York
Art of Living Foundation
International Association for Human Values
Vishwa Hindu Parishad of America
Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh, USA
South Asian Art and Cultural Council
Boston Green Fest
Project Welcome Home Troops
Youth Empowerment Seminar
MIT Hindu Students Council
Satsang Center, Woburn
Vedanta Society, USA
India Association of Greater Boston
Global Indians for Bharat Vikas
India New England
India Society of Worcester
It all began in December 2014 when the UN declared June 21st to be the International Day of Yoga-IDY. Massachusetts Yoga and Meditation week is a weeklong celebration of IDY. The IDY celebration is truly a celebration of wellness and health. Our team has hosted several events and workshops where participants learned and practiced yoga and meditation as a part of IDY celebrations in Massachusetts over the last three years. Increasing number participants gave us the confidence to take-on a weeklong initiative with 100s of events statewide. It is great pleasure to announce that the Office of the Governor of Massachusetts, Charles Baker reviewed our proposal and decided to declare the week of June 18-24 as the Massachusetts Yoga and Meditation Week. We operate as a non-profit entity to accommodate operational needs and scope for expansion.
Expect a spectacular week of wellness, health and fun. We have lined up several opportunities for you to explore authentic practices of yoga and meditation. All events during the week are free and open to all. Check out the schedule for latest updates.
You can participate in many ways:
1. IDY celebrations in towns/ cities- Check out the nearest IDY celebration to you. We plan to host events in all towns and cities. Write to email@example.com if you wish to take the celebration to your town. We have all the resources, including teachers to make it happen. There is no monitory commitment.
2. Yoga for me! – Download your coupon and practice yoga for free at participating yoga studios. If you are a yoga studio and would like to collaborate with us, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Special Events- If you belong to communities like first responders, veterans and people in recovery, then take advantage of special events organized just for these communities.
4. Get trained to lead yoga and meditation sessions- If you have a regular yoga practice of any tradition and would like to fuel this wellness movement with your contribution, then write to email@example.com All teachers will be compensated on hourly basis.
5. Volunteer for IDY- There are several volunteering opportunities available for adults and youths. Write to Volunteer@massyogameditation.org for more info on skilled volunteering and certificate for community service credit at school.
6. Compete- We are excited to present the first ever yoga art and yoga asana competitions. Check out application requirements and sign-up online.
7. Take a wellness challenge- Yoga is a lifestyle. Take a wellness challenge to turn your practice into a lifestyle.